Have you ever wondered where rocks, stones, and gems come from? Are you curious how these are formed? If you enjoy learning about planet Earth, rocks, stones, or gems, consider a career as a Geologist! This career starts with the letter 'G'! Who knows, maybe one day you will discover something that also starts with the letter 'G'. Gold!
Interesting facts about Geology and Our Planet
1. The word "geology" come from the Greek word "ge" meaning rocks and "logos" meaning knowledge.
2. Rubies, sapphires, and emeralds are all more rare than diamonds.
3. Alaska is the most earthquake-prone state in the US.
4. Our atmosphere is 80% nitrogen.
5. 70% of the Earth's surface is covered by water.
Great Schools for Geologists
1. Pennsylvania State University - University Park
2. University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
3. Stanford University
4. University of Arizona
5. California Institute of Technology
Top 5 Jobs in the Field of Geosciences
1. Engineering Geologist
2. Wellsite Geologist
3. Environmental Consultant
4. Seismic Interpreter
Key Traits and Skills
3. Organizational Skills
5. Written and Verbal Communication Skills
Bee Focused. Bee Confident. Beelieve in Yourself.
For more career ideas, please visit: www.aspiretobee.com!